UofMagenta Internship-Field Engineering-Data Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
What It's Like:
T-Mobile's UofMagenta Internship Program supports key business objectives by recruiting highly talented, diverse, early in career level individuals, while providing both T-Mobile and students amazing opportunities. This isn't just a test run. It's an audition for what's next; a potential career opportunity with T-Mobile. When you join us for an internship, you're invited to make your mark while having fun along the way! As an Intern, you'll receive competitive pay, unique learning experiences, and the support of a team that believes in your potential. A big part of our culture is about embracing our Magenta pride. And we'll ask you to do the same. Check out #BeMagenta and #UofMagenta to see employee success stories and an inside look at how we won't stop!
What You'll Do:
The best is yet to come! Here, you'll be able to connect and network with other interns, innovative peers and mentors who will challenge you and help you develop important skills while contributing your creative perspective on major projects. You'll even have the chance to connect and engage with senior leaders across all business functions including technology, marketing, corporate strategy, retail, customer care and more.
Projects prior interns have worked on include:
* Create cell site performance dashboards
* Optimize cell cite performance using data
* Retail store performance analysis
* Predicting Network Congestion using Machine Learning
12-week Summer Internship Timeline
* Option 1: May 23rd - August 12th
* Option 2: June 20th - September 9th
Locations of individual opportunities are determined by the business and therefore candidates must be open to relocation for the duration of the 12-week internship. Candidates may be considered for multiple locations & roles. All 2022 internships will be assigned an in-office location, remote or hybrid internships are not available.
Relocation & housing for the Summer is provided to any candidate who is located more than 50 miles outside of the assigned office location.
Locations for this may internship include:
* Frisco, Texas
* Birmingham, Alabama
* Overland Park, Kansas
* Reston, Virginia
* Concord, California
* Ontario, California
* Simi Valley, California
* Houston, Texas
* Cambridge, Iowa
* Minneapolis, Minnesota
* Parsippany, New Jersey
* Salt Lake City, Utah
* Downers Grove, Illinois
* Nationwide locations
* At least 18 years of age by April 30th, 2022
* Legally authorized to work in the United States
* High School Diploma or GED
* Must be actively enrolled in University/College course credits. GAP year students are ineligible.
* Non T-Mobile employee.
* T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines 'fully vaccinated' as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
This intern may be tasked to partner with Field Engineers and outside partners to collaborate, test hypotheses, build proof of concepts, and turn data into information. This will be done through the use of standard & emerging BI analytics tools from beginning to end. The Data Scientist Intern is knowledgeable and passionate about data modeling, forecasting, optimization, and possesses a strong vision of how data science and engineering can create value for our customers and for the company.
Responsibilities may Include:
* Perform ad hoc data mining and statistical analyses on complex business problems
* Support the implementation, assessment, and standardization of toolkits
* Work with visualization tools
* Research and work to implement new technologies that will facilitate better data integrity, reliability, and enrichment for quantitative solutions.
* Provide guidance on how to optimize processes through data
* Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.