Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title Avionics Instructor Location Barstow, CA Job Type Full-Time Regular Job Description
SYMVIONICS has an Opening for an Avionics Instructor at Edwards Air Force Base
Avionics Pilot Instructor for the Test and Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation (TEMS) provides operational support on all the simulators under the 772d Test Squadron (TS) / Electronic Warfare Operations Support (EWOS) at the Integrated Facility for Avionics Systems Test (IFAST).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Provides operational support on all simulators as part of TEMS IFAST complex, (F-35, F-22 & F-16), in order to support the analysis of operator use and identify functional improvements to benefit operators and maintainers using the aircraft simulators.
* Conduct two (2) Training Exercises per month consisting of four (4) separate instructional periods in a one (1) week period setting for the F-35 PVI Course. This also includes the F-35 Mission Avionics Rehearsal Simulator (MARS) and its components (equipment familiarization and tactical applications) in support of the PVI Course and/or Training Exercisies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* A Valid / Current SECRET Clearance is a Plus
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent: Technical Instructional experience
* US Citizenship Required
Experience and Knowledge of the Following:
* Provide hands-on simulations demonstrations and aircraft familiarization briefings.
* Outlining cockpit operations and components.
* Familiarity with Hands on Throttle & Stick (HOTAS) and Cockpit display functionality.
* Radar capabilities, targeting systems, communication systems and navigation components.
* Instructor domain experience in common aircrew communication, airmanship, tactical air-to-air and air-to-ground employment, opposing forces integrated air defenses and knowledge in multi-role fighter mission sets.
* Organize, plan and coordinate effectively
* Maintain accurate records
* Operate computer equipment and software
* Work independently in the absence of supervision
* Take moderate to complex topics and instruct engineers, analyst and pilots
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
Experience as a licensed pilot is a plus, but not necessary for the position.
* Understand and follow oral and written instructions in English
* Communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing, in English
* Ability to speak effectively with customers (to include government officials, corporate officials, and employees)
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
Must be able to access the students understanding of the instruction proided and make necessary instructional adjustments to effectively communicate to the student.
Maintain physical conditioning appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include: sitting at a desk using a computer for prolonged periods of time.
Regular exposure to an office environment with extended periods of time spent sitting at a desk using a computer and required to climb up and into / out of an aircraft simulator.
SYMVIONICS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
VEVRAA Federal Contractor