Venue Food Runner-Brew Pub
Employment Type: Full-Time
The ancestors of the Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation existed many centuries ago as a community of people…a Tribe living together, farming, hunting and fishing to survive.
Much has changed since that time. Today the Sycuan Tribe governs its Reservation, owns and operates a Casino and a Golf Resort, and owns a number of other business ventures in the San Diego Region.
One attribute that remains unchanged, however, is Sycuan's sense of community. Sycuan is more than just a business. Sycuan is a community of people working together toward a common goal. Whether you work in our state-of-the-art Casino, our beautiful Resort, or become a staff member in our Tribal Government division, you will be part of the Sycuan family.
Food Runner Job Purpose:
To deliver food orders from the kitchen to guests' tables rapidly and accurately. Acting as the point of contact between Front of the House and Back of the House staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
(Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at the sole discretion of Sycuan Management at any time)
* Provides food delivery service from kitchen to tables.
* Provides excellent guest service.
* Assists the kitchen and service staff.
* Ensures kitchen area and assigned stations are stocked and clean.
* Maintains safe and sanitary kitchen areas.
Food Runner Job Specifications:
Education and Experience:
* County of San Diego ServSafe Food handler's card
* 18 years of age
* Bussing experience
* Guest service experience
* Hospitality experience
Food Runner Skills and Knowledge:
* Ability to interact effectively with team members
* Ability to stand and walk for up to eight hours at a time
* Ability to appear for work on time
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
* Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
* Ability to understand verbal directives and written instructions
* Ability to accept constructive criticism
* Ability to carry large serving trays and tray jacks
* Ability to routinely lift and carry 50 pounds
* Ability to bend, stoop, push and pull
* Ability to work in a smoking environment
* Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
If you enjoy being part of a community dedicated to creating a memorable guest experience, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Sycuan and join our winning team!
* Pay Type Hourly
* Job Start Date Tuesday, August 31, 2021
* Casino, 5485 Casino Way, El Cajon, California, United States of America