Senior International Property Underwriter
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior International Property Underwriter (Western Region)
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Team:
Results and profit oriented underwriting of new and existing accounts, as well as production of new business and relationship development involving large corporate risks and middle-market property accounts, with a focus on International Program business, within Corporate Solutions, North America Property, Western Region.
About the Role:
* Production underwriting position responsible for handling large Global structured programs as well as 100% single-carrier accounts (ground-up property programs).
* Accounts vary from Middle/Upper Middle Market, with purchased limits ups to USD 750m, as well as Fortune 500 business.
* Extensive knowledge of complex program structures as well as 100% Single Carrier business is desired.
* Solid experience and understanding of Nat Cat and man-made risk management, loss prevention and underwriting
* Diverse industry experience a plus
* Proven negotiation skills
* Strong business and client focus with proven business impact
* Ability and proven track record of handling complex transactions/accounts
* Analyses and assesses technical insurability regarding exposures and coverages on new offer and renewal submissions
* Prepares quotations, structures programs, and offers proposals in accordance with guidelines
* Uses Swiss Re tools and systems for the development of terms and conditions
* Enters and maintains risk information into the various information systems and administers the accounts
* Establishes and maintains specific industry sector know-how
* Represents Swiss Re in meetings with clients, brokers, and other Swiss Re Group entities
* Regular contact with brokers and clients which require competent technical know-how, negotiation, and language skills.
* Works effectively within client teams
The position is flexible to Los Angeles, San Francisco or potentially other Corporate Solutions offices within the western region.
* High level of insurance knowledge
* In depth knowledge of insurance, commercial property underwriting, and the property insurance market, specifically, the western territory
* Minimum 7-10 years of underwriting experience or equivalent
* Experience in International Program business underwriting and design
* Knowledge and proficiency in the use of underwriting tools, applications, and guidelines
* Good knowledge of English language and demonstrated proficiency
* Keeps abreast of market environment and trends
* Willingness and ability to travel within the region, and air travel for client/broker meetings, as needed
* Extensive broker contacts in the region a plus
* Negotiating ability
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to coach and mentor less experienced underwriters
Swiss Re is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
Keywords: los angeles, san francisco
Reference Code: 95826
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Underwriter, Claims, Risk Management, HR, Insurance, Finance, Human Resources