Surgery Technician Santa Cruz
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Surgical Technologist I is not certified or certified with less than 2 years of experience and provides direct and indirect services to the surgical patient under the supervision of a registered nurse and surgeon and possesses knowledge and skills in sterile and aseptic techniques. The tech is responsible for the sterile field with knowledge of hundreds of surgical procedures and the steps the surgeon will take in order to complete the procedure including instrumentation, medications, draping, dressings, and equipment. The tech scrubs all surgical procedures and ensures supplies and equipment are available according to the physician preference card. The surgical tech develops and maintains an interactive relationship with all other staff members in order to constantly improve quality and efficiency. Takes call after hours. Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent education/experience required.
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATIONS:
* Certified Surgical Technician - CST required within 1 year of hire.
* Current Basic Life Support Certification - BLS required.
* Completion of Surgical Technology program or equivalent required.
* 1 year experience in SPD setting preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* Basic computer skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
* Interpersonal skills necessary in order to work with patients and families and maintain effective contacts with medical staff and hospital personnel.
* Communication skills (oral and written).
* Analytical skills to organize and problem solve.
* Ability to manage stress effectively.
* Ability to function effectively with multiple interruptions.
* Attention to detail and ability to concentrate in a fast paced environment.
* Compliance with Joint Commission and California State Health Code requirements.
* ORT Certification must be obtained within 12 months of hire.