SMU-Adjunct Instructor-Physician Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
An Adjunct Instructor is a temporary faculty member in an academic department who is responsible for guiding the learning of students in classrooms and/or clinical settings. A faculty member is assigned to teach the course for which they are qualified by education, certification and professional experience. Instructional duties include planning courses and curricula, didactic and clinical teaching and evaluating courses. Related duties may include academic advising of students, supervision of independent study projects, maintaining weekly office hours, attending meetings, serving on committees and participation in special University events and ceremonies. Faculty at the rank of adjunct instructor are expected to engage in scholarship as defined in the Faculty/Staff Handbook and to be actively engaged in professional activities, which enhance the faculty role.
Education and/or Experience:
* Master's level Physician Assistant degree preferred.
* Two years of full time teaching experience in specialty area with entry-level students or licensed practitioners preferred.
* Prior teaching experience in a baccalaureate or higher degree program required for masters prepared faculty and strongly preferred for doctoral prepared faculty at this rank.
* Clinical expertise in the clinical specialty area of teaching assignment.
Certificates and Licensure:
* NCCPA certification required.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.