Post Doctoral Neuropsychologist Fellowship
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Neuropsychology Post-Doctoral Fellow is a training position under the direct supervision of the Staff Neuropsychologist.
The Neuropsychology Post-Doctoral Fellow provides assessment, diagnostic, and treatment planning services for either pediatric or adult patients with medical and neurodevelopmental disorders.
For the 2-year duration of this placement, these services require emerging skills and potential for independence in autonomous decision making, assessment, treatment planning, evidence based interventions, and inter/intra community resource coordination.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* Completion of the dissertation and pre-doctoral internship, preferred with experience in either adult or pediatric neuropsychology, based on specialty area/ department requirements
* Psy.D. or Ph.D. degree from an APA or CPA accredited university must be conferred prior to start date.
* Knowledge of human development, neuropsychological assessment, and treatment modalities
* Knowledge of and adherence to American Psychological Association ethical standards
* Knowledge of relevant disorders listed in the current ICD as well as DSM
* Knowledge of treatment approaches including psychotropic medications
* Desirable: Prior experience in a medical setting, emphasis on neuropsychological consultation
* Desirable: Experience with diagnostic and treatment planning for preferred specialty area.
* Ability and desire to learn about a broad selection of psychometric testing activities as relevant to population
* Ability and desire to learn about effectively working with a wide range of medical and neurodevelopmental disorders
* Ability and desire to learn about cooperatively working as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team