MRI Technologist I
Employment Type: Full-Time
The MRI Technologist's role, in cooperation with the Operations Manager and Supervisors of the Radiology Department is to ensure high quality patient care in a safe environment while providing diagnostic MRI exams in accordance with established rules of good practice and established policies and procedures.
* Performs MRI procedures utilizing knowledge of positioning (coil placement), technical factors (pulse sequences) and clinical information to provide high quality diagnostic images.
* Ensures exams are sent to PACS accurately, edited and merged to correct destination
* Acquires images in a safe efficient manner, maintaining patient confidentiality and sensitivity to patients' needs and requests
* Assist scheduling personnel assigning timelines to procedures for efficient throughput
* Acquires and keeps records of all manufacturers recommended QA scans/data
* Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and meets certification criteria for CEU's.
* Adheres to standards of conduct and customer service.
* Actively works in support of regulatory compliance assuring that MPHS maintains full accreditation and compliance with state and federal regulations. Understands specific responsibilities for
regulatory compliance in the home department and insures daily requirements for compliance are met.
* Completes the annual reviews for safety, infection control, and other in-services required by the department and the MPHS
* Mentor and supervise students from the Diagnostic Imaging School.
* Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and meets certification criteria for CEU's and meets the annual CEU requirements for the position which is 24 units.
* Completion of a formal two-year course in an accredited program in Radiologic Technology or equivalent education/experience
* Certified Radiologic Technologist - CRT
* Basic Life Support Certification - BLS
* Two years of MRI experience
* Working towards MRI ARRT certification
Skills & Knowledge
* Has knowledge of PACs and EPIC including registration, scheduling, ordering, charging, and reports as required to carry out job assignment
* Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to assess the age specific needs of the patients served, and provide appropriate care
* Verbal and written communication skills for frequent and challenging contact with physicians, employees, patients and patient families; requires patience and compassion
* Critical thinking skills as it relates to specialized departments this may include the ability to complete age -appropriate assessments
* Basic computer skills to include keyboarding and data entry skills to enter information into electronic health records
* Ability to lift and position patients properly using best practices
* Ability to maintain composure during challenging interpersonal interactions
* Ability to sit or stand for long periods
* Able to handle varying procedures and interruptions
* Ability to work with other in a flexible and cooperative manner