Employment Type: Full-Time
Sutter Gould Medical Foundation (SGMF)is a non-profit, multi-specialty health care organization affiliated with Sutter Health. Based in Modesto, SGMF provides quality medical care, health education and research activities in a five-county area. SGMF's medical staff includes family practitioners, internists and pediatricians, as well as a range of specialist physicians. Services include imaging, nuclear medicine, a health library, health education programs, occupational medicine, diabetes education, nutrition counseling, infertility counseling, and weight management.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides nursing care needs for the Sutter Gould Medical Foundation patients and their families. Assists the physician or other medical providers in implementing the medical care plan. This position may float to different care centers within the two counties of the SGMF.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Graduate of an approved Licensed Vocational Nursing Program.
* Current valid LVN license.
* Current BLS for Healthcare Providers card required.
* ACLS and IV Certification are certifications required for LVN Floats
* Previous patient care experience is required.
* Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology.
* Knowledge of what constitutes a medical emergency requiring a physician or registered nurse's attention.
* Knowledge of scope of practice of a LVN.
* Knowledge and understanding of medication administration.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Knowledge of computers and their applications.
* Ability to demonstrate clinical competence in providing direct care, patient and family education, leadership and role modeling as well as assisting the physician as needed.
* Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively in English.
* Dosage calculation skills as proven by successful completion of medication test.
* Competency in basic Medical Assisting skills such as chart documentation, taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, etc.
* Ability to efficiently operate office equipment, i.e. fax, photocopy machine, etc.
* Ability to accept, implement and evaluate change.
* Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
* Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities paying particular attention to detail.
* Organizational skills are important for this position.
* The ability to manage multiple priorities and demands on time, while remaining calm.
* Excellent customer service skills are required for this position.