Lab Assistant-Mission Bernal
Employment Type: Full-Time
At San Francisco's California Pacific Medical Center we deliver personal, hands-on care to every single patient, every single day. As one of California's largest private, community-based, not-for-profit, teaching medical centers, we research the most up-to-date treatments, hire the most qualified individuals, and practice the most modern, innovative medicine available. We deliver the highest quality expert care, with kindness and compassion, in acute, post-acute and outpatient services, as well as preventive and complementary medicine. We also provide disease counseling, family support and wellness treatments. Throughout the entire organization, every member of the CPMC team is committed to giving our patients the individual, hands-on attention they deserve. Every hand plays a part, and every hand has the power to change a life.http://www.cpmc.org/
Under general supervision, this positon provides the collection of blood specimens by venipuncture and skin puncture, accessioning, labeling and processing of all specimens in the Clinical Laboratory.
* High School diploma or GED or equivalent education/experience required.
* Attend a State of California approved Phlebotomy training required.
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATIONS:
* Certified Phlebotomy Technician Level I - CPT I required.
* Prior specimen hanlding experience preferred.
* Microsoft Windows 2000, Word, Excel experience preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.