Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under the supervision of the section supervisor, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs generalized and specialized assignments or functions in clinical laboratory technology. The position is primarily responsible for evaluation, correlation, monitoring and reporting of the results of an examination of biological specimens for the purpose of obtaining scientific data which is used to determine the presence, progress and source of disease of physiological condition.
Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 plus acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center provides a full continuum of care including 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, physical therapy, and home health. Specialized care includes Memorial Regional Cancer Center and Memorial Heart Institute.
* Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, related field or equivalent.
* Must posses a valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) License or eligibility (Required prior to the start date).
* Minimum one year experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist in a clinical laboratory in an acute care facility.
* Must have a minimum of six months computer experience.
* Must demonstrate technical skills in all areas of the general laboratory.
* Ability to manage own time and schedule own tasks.
* Must have initiative to work efficiently without constant supervision and direction.
* Ability to read, write, hear and communicate in English to the degree necessary to perform the job.
* Physical and Environmental factors: See attached Physical, Mental and Environmental Factors forms.
* ASCP certification desirable.