CBX Operator I Limited Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under general supervision, operates multi-line telephone switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls. Assists with emergency communications according to policy and procedure, performs miscellaneous communication and clerical duties as assigned.
* Answers multi-line switchboard telephone, transfer calls and provide general information
* Process calls in a polite, patient, compassionate & professional manner, speaking clearly not rushed with a pleasant phone personality
* Determines customer needs and be able to handle high call volume in a timely matter
* Answers callers questions and refers them to the appropriate departments
* Locates on call physicians or administrator with clinic/offices are closed.
* Takes accurate and complete messages for staff members
* Operates the page/beeper system as required
* Maintains pagers for staff members
* Performs miscellaneous communication s and clerical duties as needed
* Reports telephone problems immediately to appropriate supervisor or manager.
* Follows the commitment to excellence and treats patients, families, visitors and each other with courtesy, dignity, respect and professionalism
REQUIRED: high school diploma or equivalent.
six (6) months experience prior experience as an operator at a high volume location. 1 year customer service experience either in person or on the phone. Knowledge of Amcom CBX Attendant Console or similar console
* Excellent verbal skills are required in order to converse and relay information effectively and to understand orders given under emergency conditions
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Clerical perception is required to accurately and quickly recognize names and avoid errors in recording, paging and record keeping
* Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
* Ability to type 35 wpm
* Active listening and hearing skills
* Ability to understand accents and difficult to understand voices and speech patterns
* Basic Microsoft Excel and Word literacy
* Able to perform multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and prioritize independently
* Ability to maintain composure during challenging interpersonal interactions
* Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative manner
* Ability to asses problems and resolve or escalate to appropriate team to resolve
* Ability to sit for long periods of time.
* Bilingual in one other language is desired for this role to better serve the community and patient population, preferred.
Special Requirements: Flexibility to be able to cover all shifts which may include weekends, holidays and after hours.