BMEC Assistant Radiation Physicist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Provides support in radiological instrument calibration and operation; quality assurance of department radiation detection instrumentation; radiological safety; ordering, receipt, storage, and handling of radioactive materials. Conducts Nuclear Medicine surveys. Maintains records of cardiac cath patient skin overexposures. Assists in the coordination of maintenance of department vehicle fleet. Also provides assistance in survey report generation.
* Occasional travel required
* Graduation from an AMA accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program required
* Bachelor's degree in a physical science Or equivalent education/experience preferred
* Certified Nuclear Medicine Tech -NMT Or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - ARRT Or American Society of Clinical Pathologist - ASCP preferred
* Driver License, Valid and in State required
* Automobile Insurance required
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
* Experience as a certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist in a hospital or clinic medical setting is required.
* High aptitude in math and physics desired.
* Needs expertise in operating various types of nuclear medicine equipment, including gamma cameras/computers, dose calibrators, uptake probe/well counter and survey meters.
* Ability to work with computers, complex radiation detection equipment, word processors, spreadsheets, and filing systems is necessary.
* Knowledgeable in the theory of operation of survey meters is highly desirable.
* Excellent communication skills and basic knowledge of PC computers are required.
* Thorough knowledge of Nuclear Medicine Technology, radiation safety and detection modalities highly desired.
* Additionally, must be familiar with US Department of Transportation regulations with regard to shipping and receiving radioactive materials.
* Must be willing to overcome any areas of weakness and work for more marketable knowledge in the field.
* Typing is a highly desired skill.