Employment Type: Part-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Pool# of Openings:
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com
.Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to:
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic & sterile techniques and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared room for the patient and procedure.
- Assist in transporting patient to O.R. and checks patient record for a appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for O.R. records, laboratory requisitions, and patient chart including medications and physician orders.
- Supervises and assists with the proper, safe positioning of the patient.
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts and documentation of sa me.
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and anesthesia.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing-graduate of an accredited Nursing program
- Current Nursing License Required
- One or more years of Operating Room Experience Required
- Must have American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) certification
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP, #RegisteredNurse, #HealthcareJobs, #NurseJobs, #MedicalJobs, #Healthcare, #NurseLife, #RNJobs, #Health, #SCA, #SurgicalCareAffiliates, #ASC, #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter