Registered Nurse PACU - Barranca Surgery Center
Employment Type: Full-Time
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits…
* Positive work culture
* Career growth opportunities
* Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible on Day 1 of employment
* Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
* Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
* Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
* Excellent 401(k) Plan
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The PACU Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility.
* Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to correlate clinical data with patient's medical and nursing care.
* Ability to set priorities.
* Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
* Ability to communicate well with patients, families, Teammates, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
* Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
* Clinical Quality:
* Assesses, plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient's care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
* Assesses patient status on admission and on an ongoing basis.
* Implements appropriate standards of care based on assessment data and patient's own goals. Goals are mutually set with the patient and family
* Coordinates nursing interventions to enhance achievement of expected outcomes and to ensure readiness for discharge.
* Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and timely manner.
* Adheres to all facility policies and procedures when providing patient care.
* Utilizes nursing care standards when planning and implementing patient care.
* Demonstrates ability to direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations.
* Assesses learning needs according to patient's level of understanding and readiness to learn.
* Evaluates patient's progress toward outcome achievement on an ongoing basis.
* Revises plan of care based on change in patient status and/or information gathered at change of shift
* Documents patient's progress toward achievement of outcomes.
* Directs others in the implementation of the teaching plan.
* Assumes an active role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
* Analyzes nursing care provided in the facility related to the established standards of care.
* Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care provided.
* Demonstrates ability to coordinate the nursing care provided in the facility.
* Assigns patient care responsibilities based on patient needs and abilities of available staff.
* Assumes charge nurse responsibility as assigned.
* Demonstrates ability to make decisions concerning facility-based problems.
* Participates on quality council to facilitate improvement of patient care.
* Participates in the orientation of nursing staff.
* Participates in developing standardized patient education programs, as requested.
* Participates in team conferences on assigned patients.
* Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
* At least one year of medical/surgical nursing experience preferred.
* Current state licensure to practice. Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
* Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
* Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation or current PALS certification.