Registered Nurse Manager Preop/PACU - Memorial Care Surgery Center
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Full Time Employee# of Openings:
MemorialCare Surgical Center Laguna Woods is a multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center located in South Orange County with 4 operating rooms and 1 procedure room. We specialize in Orthopedics, Podiatry, GI, Pain, and Plastic Surgery. Located minutes from Laguna Beach, and close proximity to Southern California's best beaches, attractions, dining and shopping. Great location for the outdoor enthusiasts as well.
The Pre-op/PACU Charge Nurse is responsible for all aspects of nursing care delivery in the facility. Assumes responsibility of the Pre-op/PACU Departments. As Charge Nurse you will work closely with our Director of Nursing on Quality Improvement/Risk Management Programs for the center. As a Charge Nurse, you will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility as Nurse Manager of PRE-OP/PACU Departments
- Collaborates with the OR Nurse Manager to provide safe patient care.
- Responsible for the daily staffing needs of Pre-Op /PACU.
- Participates as an active member of the surgery center's Quality Council, including Quality Improvement/Risk Management, Education and Infection Prevention programs.
- Assumes some responsibility of the Director of Nurses and /or OR Manager in his/her absence
- As a Registered Nurse, the Manager is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
- Ensures department needs are met in accordance with the facility's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships.
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with patients, physicians, and other teammates.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Leads in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing required
- 2-5 years of either PreOp/PACU/Surgical/Telemetry/ICU or equivalent nursing experience preferred.
- At least one year of management experience required
- Current state licensure in California to practice
- Documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) or willingness to obtain within 60 days of hire
- Documentation of current ACLS certification or successful completion of ACLS Course within 60 days of hire.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates Skills Required
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.