Sr. Warehouse Worker
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Req ID: 11838
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro is seeking dedicated warehouse professionals to work in our warehouses and distribution centers in San Jose. The Sr. Warehouse Worker receives and ships Supermicro products and coordinates shipment transfers to internal departments and customers. If you have a passion for warehousing and distribution, then Supermicro wants you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sr. Warehouse Worker job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
* Load and unload company trucks
* Move merchandise utilizing pallet jacks, forklift, etc.
* Properly receive, stack and store material and/or products per warehouse guidelines
* Pull orders and pack and wrap boxes for shipment
* Assist in completing basic shipping and receiving paperwork
* Follow instructions and respond to management direction
* Adhere to company warehouse policies and procedures
* Observe safety and security procedures
* Meet productivity standards, including completing work in a timely manner
* Additional duties may be assigned
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
* Minimum 3 years working in a manufacturing or distribution environment preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and ability to utilize a 'buddy system' for products weighing more than 50 lbs.
* Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Knowledge of basic computer skills, MS Office a preferred.
* Ability to do basic math calculations.
* Strong attention to detail, including accuracy and thoroughness.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
* Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms
* Lift, carry, push and pull in excess of 25 pounds
* Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and balance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
* Office, lab or warehouse environment setting shared with other staff members.
* Wet humid conditions, extreme heat or cold (weather), outdoor weather conditions.
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Job Segment: Warehouse, Cloud, Data Center, Forklift, Manufacturing, Technology