Software/Sr. Software Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Req ID: 13242
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop a modern, responsive, lightning-fast web applications for Supermicro from scratch
* Optimize app pages for targeted SEO strategies
* Self-directed, self-motivated contributor, able to design and execute their own roadmap rapidly and iteratively
* Architect systems that support reuse and build libraries of components with documentation
* Develop front-ends for responsive mobile and web applications
* Guide product releases, code reviews and delegate tasks to more junior team members to ensure performance and timetables are maintained
* Stay current with trends in the industry and identify technical innovations
* Identify solutions to system performance and usability issues
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science or 5 years+ of related experience with BS degree or 3 years + with MS degree
* Experience with LAMP stack is required
* 2+ years' experience in develop eCommerce platforms
* 4+ years' experience with PHP & MVC frameworks (Laravel or Zend)
* Experience with MySQL or related is required
* Experience with web server such as Apache, NGINX
* 4+ years working with / integrating RESTful API's and building Single Page applications preferred
* Experience with React is preferred
* Experience with Magento is preferred
* 2+ years CMS (Drupal, WordPress, Joomla etc.) preferred
* Knowledge or basic experience with page performance optimization, caching strategies, SQL query optimization, SEO optimization
* Agile Development and Continuous Integration using tools such as Jenkins, Behat, Selenium preferred
* Able to be autonomous but collaborative to keep tight company-wide deadlines
* Can create simple and clean solutions to complex problems, quickly
* Highly motivated individual with interest in enhancing skills and learning
* Mobile Development for Web with responsive design experience is highly desired
* Monitoring and performance diagnostics to troubleshoot production systems experience is a huge plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
* Able to sit for long periods of time.
* Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
* Occasional bending and standing.
* Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
* Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
* Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
* May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Job Segment: Developer, Embedded, Cloud, Computer Science, Drupal, Technology