Solar Sales Advocate
Compensation: $66,000.00 - $117,670.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sunrun is the nation’s leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. Our mission is to confront our planet’s biggest challenge, climate change, by creating a planet run by the sun. This mission requires passion, determination and a diverse growing army of talented professionals. Explore joining our mission by connecting with Sunrun's Talent Network or submitting an application to this job today.
lang: en_US Overview
Sunrun is changing the way we get our electricity and we are looking for Solar Sales Advocate to join the revolution! We are the leading residential solar provider in the U.S. servicing 23 states on a mission to create a planet run by the sun. As a Sunrun Solar Sales Advocate, you are on a path to accelerate your earnings and grow your sales career.
At Sunrun we empower you to take control of your career. Our extensive training and performance-based culture will help drive your achievement while positioning you for career advancement opportunities through our ELEVATE career development program.
Your safety is our number one priority. You will be provided personal protective equipment for when you are in the retail store environment and will have the flexibility to work remotely for a few of your shifts.
Become a Member of the Team
Previous solar or in-home sales experience is not required to succeed as a Solar Sales Advocate-in fact- many of our most successful Associates came from quota-driven roles in other customer service-based industries. Meet with us and learn about our ELEVATE Sales Professional development program.
If you are passionate about making an impact, we welcome you to join nearly 4,000 and growing Sunnrunners as we PowerThrough on our mission to Create a Planet Run by the Sun.
Our Solar Sales Advocate Enjoy:
- Competitive hourly base pay and lucrative performance incentives, through our ELEVATE career development program with a $1-3 per hour increase for meeting performance goals.
- Sales commissions for new solar appointments and contracts resulting from your efforts
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Full benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, Employee Stock Purchase Program, and many more options.
- Safety measures that put our employees first: providing PPE (personal protection equipment) and safety processes which keep our employees safe and healthy Responsibilities
- Professionally represent Sunrun as an ambassador of our vision
- Attain monthly sales and appointment setting quota
- Drive increased awareness of our residential solar options
- Qualify prospective customers for residential solar solutions
- Schedule in-home appointments with Sunrun Field Sales Consultants
- Meet team and individual pre and post-sales goals
- Support community marketing events
Success in this role requires resilience, people skills, self-motivation and a passion for our mission to create a planet run by the sun.
- Self-starter who is both mission and commission motivated
- Access to reliable transportation in order to travel to retail locations within a 30-mile radius
- Ability to consistently work every day of the week including weekends, evenings and some holiday shifts (based on retailer schedules)
- Prior quota-driven job experience
- Prior customer-facing, sales or field marketing related experience is a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
This position involves both time spent in a retail environment as well as the possibility of engaging with our customers via phone from home. During the retail shifts, the work involves constant standing and walking for the entire shift in a retail warehouse environment with the exception of meal, break and rest periods. Depending on your scheduled work locations, this position will either be standing in one location for the entire shift or walking and standing for the entire shift. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching, stooping and kneeling are also required. Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...