Manager, Strategic Finance & Analytics
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you thrive on building complex financial models and thinking through the business implications? This high-profile role at Sunrun might be for you.
We are looking for a deeply analytical individual who can translate complex ideas into crisp financial insights, in collaboration with business partners. The role sits in our Strategic Finance & Analytics (SF&A) team and reports to the Director of Corporate Finance. In this role, you will own the financials for 1-2 business segments, coordinate budgeting across segments for annual planning, and support month- and quarter-end corporate reporting. This role can lead to a more senior position within SF&A or across Sunrun.
Location: This position can be based in any of: San Francisco, CA, Denver, CO, or Lehi, UT.
This role has a unique combination of corporate-level and business segment-level responsibilities. Common threads through the responsibilities of the role include:
* Perform rigorous financial analysis, at varying levels of detail
* Fully understand how your analyses tie into our internal & external reporting
* Prepare presentations in which analyses are crisply explained for an executive audience
* Build a collaborative relationship with the leaders of your business segments
* Support corporate and business unit decision-making with proactive analytical projects
* Provide robust reporting to support our monthly actuals analysis and forecasting, our quarterly earnings release, and annual budgeting processes
* Build and maintain financial models in our Anaplan tool
* Coordinate logistics for planning & reporting across teams
* Collaborate across the SF&A team and with our partners across the business
* Bachelor's degree with top grades in a quantitative discipline
* 7+ years experience in finance &/or accounting, preferably in a combination of internal roles in large companies and external advisory roles (consulting, Big4, I-banking)
* Deep knowledge in finance and accounting for large organizations with complicated financial structures
* Highly analytical brain, as evidenced by past roles, education, & achievements
* Passion for complex modeling in an individual contributor role
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills
* Collaborative team player
* Comfort with fast-paced, demanding environment
* Impeccable judgment & ethics
* Passion for creating a planet run by the sun
Qualifications - desired
* Rigorous coursework in finance and accounting
* Familiarity with solar industry finance
* Experience in Anaplan or similar planning tool
* Programming experience
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.