Field Sales Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to learn more about joining a fast growing company with a mission to drive clean energy business? We believe there is a better, less expensive, cleaner way for families to power their homes. With Sunrun's residential rooftop solar, storage and energy services, homeowners are saving money while dramatically reducing the amount of air pollution and carbon dioxide (CO2) they release into the atmosphere.
Our mission is simple - to Create a Planet run by the sun. We hire, build, and grow great teams, and Sunrun's talent distinguishes us from all other companies. We are looking for passionate, solution oriented individuals who have the courage to help customers change the way they power their lives. Join nearly 4,000 and growing Sunrunners on our mission to Create a Planet Run by the Sun!
Our Field Sales Consultant Role is a home sales role, with frequent travel required in your region and to a local office as needed. However, during the COVID-19 period, we have shifted all sales consultation to virtual presentations. We are following federal and local government guidelines in adjusting our working model to increase both employee and customer experience, while keeping safety top of mind.
* Meet minimum required sales targets as set by the Regional Sales Manager
* Source and develop self-generated leads and appointments with potential Sunrun customers
Conduct in-home sales presentations for potential customers
* Develop effective self-generation sales strategies
* Evaluate customers' knowledge and needs, building productive long lasting relationships
* Accurately disposition and report on outcomes via our CRM tool
* Ensure a clean transition of post-sale activity to other teams by delivering complete customer information
* Provide an industry leading customer sales experience from initial contact through installation and after the customer's system is turned on
* Manage the pipeline of activity from prospect to install by following up with all leads and in-home consultations
* Properly prepare for appointments by building proposals, preparing for objections, and calling customers to confirm appointments
* Attend required trainings, and follow Sunrun Sales processes
* Maintain current knowledge of the latest Sunrun and industry developments by attending sales meetings, sales events, trainings, and industry events
* Engage in local proactive lead generation activities as defined by the metro market
* For Field Sales Consultants selling in CA: a CSLB License (or application pending)
* For Field Sales Consultants selling in Non-CA territories: a sales license where required (or application pending)
* Proven track record of sales and/or lead generation experience
* In-home and/or solar sales experience preferred
* Must have home internet broadband access; 35 kbps bandwidth per workstation
* Proficient in Google Suite and CRM tools, Salesforce preferred
* Must be able to spend approximately 80% of work time traveling within your local market, although the time spent travelling may be far less as we continue to evaluate our virtual selling model and provide flexibility to our consultants
* Must be available to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
* Ability to communicate and partner cross-functionally to address customer needs
* Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business
* Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check
* Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
This position traditionally involves getting in and out of a car multiple times per day and traveling to and from customer locations. May stand for an extended period of time while consulting with customers. The role is evolving and may involve less time in the car and more time at home in a virtual environment. Currently, our consultants are working from home 100% of the time and conducting only virtual appointments. We hope to move to a split model of 'in home' and 'virtual' as it becomes safe for our employees and customers.
This position is full time and driving is a required part of the role.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.