Res Direct Professional I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we're looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world's energy future, there's no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand - with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SunPower Direct Sales is one of SunPower's newest channels in North America. By leveraging SunPower's funnel of qualified leads, Energy Consultants sell directly to prospective solar customers via an online video sales experience / in-home experience and installed by SunPower Residential Installation teams. The Direct program is expected to deliver high sales conversion rates and high customer satisfaction, resulting in sales and marketing best practices that are shared with the broader residential channels.
SunPower sells premium solar electric solutions to homeowners expecting a world-class customer experience. The Energy Consultant must utilize a value-based sales process using a solution-selling approach harnessing the value of SunPower products, premium installation workmanship, and a world-class customer experience.
To succeed in this role, an Energy Consultant must personally deliver an unparalleled customer experience, while guiding the homeowner from the initial research phase of the sales process through the conclusion of the agreement. Sales training, a proven sales process, selling tools, and consumer financing products will be made available.
In this position, you will:
* Conduct effective appointments with homeowners
* Maintain minimum closing ratio quota
* Maintain minimum revenue quota
* Utilize the SunPower sales process on every consultation
* Utilize the SunPower proposal generating tool for presentation preparation
* Present an approved proposal on every consultation
* Proactively reach out to existing SunPower homeowners
* Effectively present financing options
* Maintain accurate records of customer communications, proposals, and follow-ups
* Submit all records/paperwork for every customer sales appointment
* Meet all customer expectations as scheduled
* Tenaciously follow-up with open leads
* Nurture all possible referral business
* Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Proven experience using Solution Selling
* Confidence in overcoming multiple customer objections
* Experience selling products in markets/industries offering multiple financing options
* Ability to work well with inside support staff including the Sales Coordinator
* Strong computer skills, including strength in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to generate referrals from positive customer experiences and contact database
* Ability to work hours that are convenient for homeowners (i.e. nights/weekends)
* Must work well independently and possess a self-starter mentality
* Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
* Ability to thrive in a high intensity, dynamic work environment
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written
* Present well, demonstrated success with online sales a major plus
* Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management tools, or CRMs (ex. Salesforce)
* Strong interpersonal skills
Preferred (Not-Required) Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Successful experience selling in a premium home improvement market representing high-end, premium products sold virtually and or across the kitchen table (solar, HVAC, Windows, other)
* Closing expertise in premium price product by selling value
* High School Diploma or Equivalent, with minimum 4 years sales experience; or,
* BA/BS in Economics, Communications, Marketing, Business, or similar field
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company's obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.
* Put Customers First
* Win Together
* Lead Decisively
* Innovate Relentlessly
* Do the Right Thing