Intern: California Utilities Relations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we're looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Phillipines. In an industry that is reshaping the world's energy future, there's no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand - with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Successful candidates will have demonstrated interest in the solar and/or broader renewables and energy storage industry, with demonstrably strong written and oral communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
* Support Manager of Interconnections and Incentives in compiling reports on interconnection study results and upgrade costs.
* Track and communicate the progress of interconnection progress to project teams.
* Work with engineers, project managers, and account executives to compile and submit utility Interconnection Applications for solar, storage and/or paired systems.
* Support programmatic reporting and communication tool development and maintenance.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements - The least amount of skills and training candidates must have to do a specific job. Candidates not meeting these requirements will not be hired for this position.
* Study in Environmental Sciences, Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or Public Policy preferred, but not required.
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English.
* Demonstrated ethics and integrity.
* Ghart chart or Smart Sheets reporting.
* Ability to read construction plans, especially electrical single line diagrams.
* Prior experience in solar, storage or other renewable energy development and/or construction.
* Prior experience working with utilities.
* Great interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface and maintain relationships at all levels of an organization.
* Ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
Summer Intern Program Overview
* 10-12 week summer program
* Interns will individually work under the direction of their managers and will participate in a series of preplanned events throughout the summer, including executive presentations, a team-building day, and an end-of-program intern presentation to his/her manager and eStaff member about the project they delivered during their internship.
* All interns will complete the program by the last day of August 2020. At the completion of the program, the intern will be evaluated and considered for possible future full-time employment upon graduation.
* Hourly-based, paid internship, approximately 40 hours per week.
* Intern responsible for acquiring housing accommodations if they are not local to the office
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company's obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.
* Put Customers First
* Win Together
* Lead Decisively
* Innovate Relentlessly
* Do the Right Thing