Dir, Technical Sales Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we're looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world's energy future, there's no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand - with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
This is a leadership role for a US-based team of technical sales engineers, and it is part of the SunPower Training and Field Enablement team.
Customer experience is critical to dealer success and dealer success is critical to sales and SunPower's success.
Help us change the way our world is powered by leading a team of bright, energetic technical experts who are bridging the gap between sales and technical teams, and who are on a mission to ensure dealer success. The Technical Sales Engineering team at SunPower is responsible for delivering services and support that help dealers have amazing experiences with our products, get the full value out of our tools and solutions, and delight our mutual customers. We provide on-the-job and in-class training. We coach dealers and help review their designs. We answer their questions about products and projects. And through it all, we're there when our dealers need us.
The Senior Manager for Technical Sales Engineering will build and lead a team that:
* Establishes programs and success metrics for driving market share of SunPower products and services through technical sales and training opportunities.
* Supports and educates dealers outside of the formal training setting by consulting and advising on specific projects in person, online, and over the phone.
* Delivers training sessions for internal and external customers on important topics including:
* New products
* PV and Storage site survey, design, installation, monitoring, and maintenance
* Building and electrical codes related to solar and storage
* Other topics as required
* Works with subject matter experts and courseware development teams to develop training collateral including manuals, reference guides, job aids, checklists, worksheets, presentation decks, online lessons, videos, etc.
* Reports on training and technical sales activities to ensure dealer satisfaction and program effectiveness.
* Conveys customer feedback and concerns to R&D, product management, and product engineering teams to help define market demands and requirements for new products.
* As required, collaborates on technical issues with internal development teams to refine, enhance, and improve the applications of SunPower's products and product documentation
Travel throughout the US may be required. Up to 50% travel with frequent overnight stays.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree
* 7+ years of relevant experience in solar, 3+ years of relevant experience with storage,
* 3+ years working in a leadership role
* Proficient with common desktop and cloud software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Zoom)
* Superior written and oral communication skills
* Customer-focused attitude
* Experience working with licensed contractors
* Proficiency with MS Visio, CAD, and industry-specific software and tools (e.g., PVsyst, PVSim, Aurora, SunEye, etc.)
* Experience building and leading technical support, customer support, applications engineering, or sales engineering team.
* Experience training adult learners desired, and/or experience with instructional design or computer-based courseware development tools.
* Experience with design, engineering, and/or installation of solar + storage desired
* NABCEP and/or other industry certification
* Master Electrician or other industry-related licensure
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company's obligations under law, it
must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated
Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime
Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law.
Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants
and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by
contacting the EEO Officer.
* Put Customers First
* Win Together
* Lead Decisively
* Innovate Relentlessly
* Do the Right Thing