Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, Sunnova is the leading privately held U.S. residential solar + battery storage service provider. Sunnova's goal is to provide the choice of low-cost, worry-free solar energy and battery storage technology that generates long-term value and savings for customers and facilitates continued business growth for its network of trusted partners. Our mission is to power energy independence for our nearly 100,000 customers across the US and its territories.
Sunnova Energy Corporation is currently searching for a Solar Electrician Helper for our Maintenance and Service group. Sunnova owns and maintains a distributed fleet of residential solar systems across 20+ states and several U.S. territories. All monitoring and inbound customer service calls are handled in-house. We utilize a highly skilled team of technicians as well as third-party service partners, to maintain and service our fleet. The Solar Apprentice's primary responsibility is to labor assistance to support the O&M activities by providing quick response to maintain the performance of the solar systems, , provide excellent customer service to our Customers and ensure a smooth workflow and optimally performing solar systems.
* Assist Solar Electrician in performing maintenance and service tasks for solar customers in assigned territories.
* Assist Solar Electrician in evaluating systems accurately for maintenance, warranty, design and other purposes.
* Assist Solar Electrician in providing Tier 1 troubleshooting for all performing solar systems.
* Developing knowledge of all roof types and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs, while working at heights.
* Performing any other duties as assigned.
* 1 + years of labor experience in general construction.
* 1 + years of mechanical experience preferred.
* CA Electrical Trainee card required
* Valid Driver's License
* Formal electrical apprenticeship and or Vocational training preferred.
* 1 + years in the Solar Electric Industry preferred.
* Is comfortable working in many different environments.
* Must possess a current, valid Driver license.
* Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
* Must be willing to travel for some projects; overnight travel estimated at 10-15%
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds; Oversized items, assistance is provided.
* Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to sit, stand, walk and drive for up to 8 hours at a time.
* Work postures include: reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawl, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling object above/below the shoulders.
* Proficiency in MS Office.
* Projects a professional appearance.
* Very strong organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
* Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies.
LOCATION: YOUR HOME OFFICE IN CALIFORNIA
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.