Golf Course Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you enjoy being outdoors and working with your hands? We are looking for a Golf Course Technician at one of our communities to assist with the daily maintenance of the golf course.
Golf Course Technicians help ensure the course is kept looking well-tended and attractive. They regularly mow the greens, weed sandtraps, and remove debris from course grounds.
* Ensure greens are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat weeds for weed control, weed whip, rake leaves, remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and performs other lawn care services as necessary.
* Picks-up trash/debris from the course on a daily basis.
* Clean and maintain cart barn and wash areas.
* Retrieve and wash all golf balls from the driving range; replenish the driving range buckets.
* Ensure golf course is presentable at all times and adhere's to set standards.
* Maintain blemishes on the course by filling divots. Advise manager of any hazardous conditions on the course.
* Safely operate vehicles for the purpose of performing job duties.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Valid driver's license and good driving record
* Previous experience and/or knowledge of golf course maintenance equipment, preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general grounds maintenance techniques
* Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
* Good verbal communication skills
* Professional appearance
* Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
* Basic computer proficiency including the ability to use email and internet
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
* Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with multiple plan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
* Comprehensive Dental Plan
* Vision Plan
* Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
* Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
* 401(k) Plan with Sun matching contribution
* Paid Parental Leave
* Employee Assistance Program
* Identity Theft Insurance
* Legal Assistance Plan
* Pet Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
* Vacation RV Site Discounts for team members when visiting SunRV Resorts across the nation
* Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
* Paid Time Off including ten holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty