Relationship Manager Los Angeles Branch
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position will cover Japanese and Asian client in the West Coast of the U.S. It will contribute to the growth of the portfolio by sourcing and originating banking business opportunities with new and existing clients in alignment with the team's goals and strategic direction of the Bank. Position reports directly to the Group Head, of the Japanese and Asian Corporate Depatment in Los Angeles.
Responsible for the the origination, execution and maintenance of client relationships in order to generate profitable new business opportunities to the team/department and the wider SMBC organization. This position will originate business with new and existing Japanese and Asian clients, and drive broader cross-sell opportunities for the Bank.
* Deliver value-added financial solutions to existing and prospective clients to augment client relationship.
* Effectively manage client relationship to improve results and meet profit targets. Involves traveling and presenting to clients regularly.
* Execute against business strategy for the team to uptier client relationship, increase market penetration and maximize profitability.
* Manage all aspect of new transactions from origination, credit approval, documentation, and closing.
* Participate in the ongoing monitoring of the portfolio proactively owning, responding to and anticipating any future needs, challlenges or risks, and escalating in a timely manner.
* Work with product specialist and subject matter experts.
* Leverage the expertize and capavilities of other SMBC business in alignment with the strategy of the Bank.
* Stay abreast of industry trend and development.
* Collaborate with colleagues in SMBC group.
* 5-7 years of related or specialized experience
* Minimum of 5 years of banking experience as relationship manager or credit analyst at a corporate or investment bank.
* Required: BA/BS
* Preferred: MA/MS/MBA, CFA
* Language: Business fluency in Japanese and English
* Software: MS Office Suite