Employment Type: Full-Time
North-West College is part of a stable and growing system of nine campuses in California and Nevada, which is a leader in Medical Career Training since 1966.
Our everyday mission is to train students in short term programs for gainful employment.
We are currently seeking a Receptionist.
The a Receptionist who oversees and manages office procedures and other tasks for various departments as assigned by their supervisor. As a receptionist, directs people both externally and internally to the appropriate contact either via telephone or in person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee all aspects of general office coordination within assigned department(s).
- Maintain office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of student, staff, and faculty information.
- Greets visitors; ensures a positive welcoming environment at the front desk and entrance.
- Answers telephone and directs calls to proper individuals. Assists all callers and visitors in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Follow incoming inquiry script.
- Follow inquiry distribution rotation.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Sign for and distribute UPS/FedEx or similarly delivered packages.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Create and modify documents such as reports, memos and letters using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or presentation software such as Microsoft Office or other programs.
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports.
- May conduct research, compile data, and prepare documents for management.
- Set up and coordinate meetings.
- Attend meetings as requested in order to record minutes.
- Support staff and faculty in assigned project based work.
- May supervise volunteers and other support personnel..
- Assist with overall maintenance of the organization and its offices.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Take Student Payments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as applicable.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Possess excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have at least 2 years of recent work experience as a receptionist in a fast paced environment.
- Typing skills of at least 30 wpm.
- Monday through Friday 36-38 hours Entry level
Success Education Colleges is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, SEC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.