Field Service Technician - Los Angeles
Employment Type: Full-Time
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Be Stryker's face of service to specified health system or territory. Increase customer uptime through proactive product and process support and partner with customers to drive a seamless delivery experience. Drive efficiencies across the business to better the Instruments Field Service Business and Service Delivery.
* Proactively collaborates with internal teams/departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation.
* Responsible to live and exemplify Stryker's Values: Integrity, Accountability, People, and Performance.
* Provide effective, proficient, and timely post-sales service, troubleshooting and repair management, product field actions, preventative maintenance, quality control inspections to all customers in direct support of the sales team to ensure optimal customer satisfaction and best-in-class service.
* Become an expert on properly maintaining the Stryker products within your realm of responsibility. Perform service to customer's equipment without negatively impacting their daily business / work flow.
* Provide post-sale in-servicing and product-use support on equipment operation and maintenance.
* Teach cleaning and maintenance best practices to operating room, central sterile and biomedical teams.
* Follow all administrative duties, complete all necessary paperwork and track product support solutions, e.g. repair orders, service request forms, product inquiries, Field Actions and part order requisitions in a very accurate and timely manner.
* Assist Field Service Manager with development and deployment of the training documentation, SOPs and work instructions for the Field Service team; evaluate existing technical processes and identify deficiencies.
* Maintain an accurate inventory of Stryker equipment and parts, verify tool calibration.
* Provide advanced subject matter expertise and support to Field Sales Representatives, internal and external customers. In addition, highlight complex issues via phone, email and on site, if necessary.
* Participate in resolution of customer complaints and escalated issues.
* Work with technical support call center, manufacturing, engineering, project management, inventory, purchasing and management groups when applicable.
* Be a leader in personal performance for the field service metrics.
* Promote Stryker's business by recognizing opportunities to fulfill additional customer needs and communicating with the appropriate Stryker personnel for follow up.
* Other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
* Manage schedule and resources as dictated by customer needs.
* Be a problem-solver and drive process improvements in all aspects.
* Plan for frequent travel between hospitals in health system and/or territory based on priority of service requests.
Conduct & Compliance
* Abide by and support the policies set forth in the Stryker Code of Conduct.
* Understand that compliance with the Code of Conduct, as it may be amended by Stryker Corporation from time to time, is a condition of continued employment with Stryker.
* Conduct work in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations and in accordance with Stryker's high ethical standards.
* Report and violations of these policies and procedures to Stryker management or in the manner outlined in Stryker's Ethics Hotline Policy.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Blood Borne Pathogen Category A Position: Yes
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
* Infrequent overnight travel. Willing to work overtime and non-standard working hours per the customer's specified need.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and often stressful working conditions.
* Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks.
* Special attention to details.
* Ability to present ideas and results in logical manner.
* Experience with highly sensitive customer interactions and an understanding of the importance of customer relations.
* Must be self-motivated, self-reliant and able to work with little supervision.
* Must have an outstanding driving record.
* Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
* Strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple functions and adhere to daily deadlines.
* Ability to exert up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
* Ability to remain standing and/or walking for an extended period of time.
* Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude required by Stryker and our customers.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
* Experience interpreting service bulletins, user manuals, and other technical manuals, drawings, etc.
* Excellent teamwork, coordination and collaboration skills.
Education & Qualifications Preferred
* Bachelor's degree in technical field preferred.
* 3-5 years of related experience in the field of medical equipment, operating rooms, central sterile or biomedical experience preferred.
* Extensive experience electro-mechanical equipment installations a plus.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.