Employment Type: Full-Time
Come work with StoneridgeCreek Retirement Community! We are currently hiring a full time Laundry Worker! The Laundry Worker is responsible for the daily operations of laundry services within Environmental Services Department. Housekeepers. Your typical schedule will be Monday thru Friday with the occasional weekends.
Were a certified Great Place to Work 4 years in a row! See Why
* Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with generous company match!
* Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Flex Holidays, and 6 Paid holidays per year for full-time staff. We offer benefits for part-time staff, too!
* $1,500 a year in Tuition Assistance for full-time employees and robust Talent Development Program we help you accelerate your career!
* Wellness program with the opportunity to earn a 30% discount on your benefit premiums!
* Employee Meal Program! We prepare delicious meals for you daily!
* Great workplace culture we have fun doing what we love!
* Performs general laundry duties including washing, ironing, folding, sorting, etc. of clothing and linens.
* Picks up and delivers laundry to the Residents, kitchens, pool, therapy rooms, beauty salon and health center, as directed.
* Ensures that the laundry is maintained in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition.
* Replenishes laundry chemicals as needed.
* Labels new linen for guest rooms, therapy rooms, massage rooms, beauty salon, rollaway beds, etc.
* Previous commercial laundry experience preferred
* Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
* This position is essential to the safety of our residents and staff; and to the operation and function of the community. Employee may be recalled to report to work for an emergency, unusual occurrence, resident care need, visit from regulatory/governing agencies or any other event deemed necessary by the Executive Director, Administrator, and designee.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate to heavy physical effort 80% of the work day including repetitive folding movements, and strenuous pulling movements. Must be able to stand, walk, bend, reach, and stoop 90% of the work day Must be able to work in moderate/elevated high heat levels for up to 90% of the work day. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. When lifting loads over 50 lbs., use two or more people. It is your responsibility to ask for assistance. Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 300 lbs. May be exposed to communicable diseases including HIV and Hepatitis B viruses; industrial and household chemicals; offensive odors; and elevated heat levels.
Welcome! Come work at a place where you can make a difference in the lives of others!
About Stoneridge Creek:
Stoneridge Creek is a large Continuing Care Retirement Community on 50 acres in Pleasanton, CA in the Bay Area. The community consists of 565 Independent Living Units in Villas, Town Homes, and Apartments, as well as a Healthcare Center consisting of 73 Skilled Nursing beds and 67 Assisted Living Apartments.
Stoneridge Creek strongly promotes its STAR values which are: Service to residents and colleagues (S), Team Success (T), Aiming for excellence (A) and Doing the Right thing (R).
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities in our community. We are committed to hiring a high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
Apply online at