Employment Type: Full-Time
In 2010, StemExpress was created to change the entire life science and medical industry. We accelerate research and clinical trials through our expansive Stem Cell Collection Centers, state-of-the-art cell manufacturing laboratories, and by actively building the largest global network of hospitals and clinics. In doing this, we change the landscape of research and clinical projects, effectively, efficiently, and at the speed in which patients expect. That means new cures and treatments can reach patient care faster, giving months and years back to the people afflicted with serious medical conditions.
We feel strongly that interpersonal behaviors are as important as technical aptitude. Thus, our values of Integrity, Curiosity, Accountability, Nimbleness, Drive and Ownership are represented by the acronym I CAN DO! In our fun and fast-paced environment, we bring the I CAN DO enthusiasm to everything we accomplish for each other and the fabulous clients we serve.
The StemExpress Procurement team is driven to provide researchers high-quality products at life-changing speed. They also collect samples from our community to support large scale infectious disease screenings. The team excels at providing outstanding customer service with the purpose of collecting blood samples intended for research.
The Role: Duties and Essential Job Functions
To be successful, the Medical Assistant will do the following:
* Helps donors by providing relevant information and assistance regarding their collection type
* Verifies donor information by talking with donors, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of appointment
* Exercises utmost professionalism and tact to provide excellent customer service for donors; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to established policies and HIPAA requirements
* Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following established safety standards and procedures set forth by StemExpress
* Travel to various collection locations as assigned
* Collect samples from donors using nasal, oropharyngeal, and nasopharyngeal swab methods
* Consistently follows established StemExpress SOPs with regard to donning and doffing required PPE
* Consistently uses required PPE while performing collections as outlined in established StemExpress SOPs
* Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling donor complaints; appropriately refers donor complaints to designated personnel as needed
* Assists in day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry as needed
* Assists with basic laboratory tasks under supervision of appropriately trained personnel.
* Assemble testing kits as needed
* Ability to have a flexible work schedule in order to meet client needs
* Perform other duties as assigned
This position is non-supervisory and will have no oversight for personnel.
* Active Medical Assistant certification from an accredited program
* At least 1 year of customer service experience
* Consistently reliable transportation
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* Ability to follow established protocols to maintain quality of work
* Demonstrate critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
* MS Office software skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
* Knowledge of Apple Macintosh Computers
* A valid driver's license
* Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited program