Industrial Process Water Business Development Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Stantec, we have been partnering with our clients for more than 60 years to improve the quality of life around the world.
Industrial Water is one of the fastest growing global business sectors and the market where we have the best Cross-Business Line industrial opportunities in the world.
With projects in nearly every market sector, the variety of projects and clients we work with is nothing short of inspiring. Join this dynamic leadership team, rubbing elbows with the brilliant minds working across the region, and lead one of Stantec's strongest business sectors.
An opportunity exists for a highly-motivated individual to become the Regional Leader for Industrial Water in the Pacific Region (Location: California). Reporting directly to the Sector Leader, Industrial Water, this new position is responsible for leading business development activities and accountable for sustaining and growing the net revenue of the Water Business Centers pertaining to the Industrial Water Business. The Industrial Water Business includes the following Sub-Sectors: Manufacturing, Transportation, O&G, Mining, Food and Beverage, Hitech, Power and Pharmaceutical. The Regional Leader primary focus is on managing and providing technical leadership for strategic projects for Industrial Water business; working collaboratively with the Energy, Buildings, and Environmental Services Business Lines in client development to strengthen client relationships that are beneficial to Stantec and find new opportunities with these clients; support sales for procurements on strategic opportunities; provide proposal management; and lead profitable growth of our Industrial Water Business.
* Consistently demonstrates a commitment to the Health and Safety culture within the BC and Stantec.
* Develops a robust, profitable, and risk-smart business in the US Pacific Region for Industrial Water.
* Provide strategic and tactical leadership of the business.
* Create the delivery platform that thrills clients through a strong focus on improved project performance - people, processes, culture and deepen capabilities in consulting, designing, and sustaining services.
* Responsible for the P&L for Industrial Water in the Region and measured by year over year increase in quality gross margin, EBBT, New Business In (NBI) and growing sales funnel.
* Cooperate with the other Industrial Water Regional and Sub-Sector Leaders, grow the Industrial Water Business in NA.
* Increase our USA capabilities with experienced project managers and SMEs.
* Provide sales and proposals management.
* Create and support strategic project management.
* Effectively lead, challenge and inspire staff to work together by being a visible leader of our Industrial Water business and being accessible to our staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Strong client base and understanding of the Industrial Water consulting and engineering business and global Industrial Water business.
* Strong understanding of the EPC/EPCM Model.
* Entrepreneurial orientation with understanding of the business management challenges of a consulting services provider.
* Significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in North America is considered an asset).
* Proven ability to effectively lead staff to work together cohesively as a team.
* Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose.
* Proven project management and technical skills applicable to the delivery of industrial water projects.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines.
* Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
* Possess the highest degree of integrity.
Education and Experience
* Minimum of 15 years of Industrial Water related consulting experience.
* Minimum Bachelor's degree or diploma in Project Management, Business Management or Business Development, or related equivalent.
* Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Please submit a brief letter of interest (one page) in addition to your resume. This letter should include why you wish to become the new Regional Leader, your qualifications for the position, general approach and strategies to business development and any additional information you believe helpful to our evaluation.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Pasadena
Other Locations: United States-California-Chico, United States-California-San Jose, United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-San Luis Obispo, United States-California-Bakersfield, United States-California-Santa Maria, United States-California-Petaluma, United States-California-Redding, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-California-Santa Barbara, United States-California-Rocklin, United States-California-Irvine, United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-California-Sacramento, United States-California-Thousand Oaks, United States-California-San Bernardino, United States-California-San Francisco, United States-California-Nevada City, United States-California-Long Beach, United States-California-Fresno
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2100009Y
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans