Continuous Improvement Leader
Employment Type: Full-Time
Make Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You'll Do
As a Continuous Improvement Leader located in Fontana Distribution Center. You'll get to:
* Lead continuous improvement projects across one or more distribution sites from concept through completion.
* On-site project leader for Automation and/or I4.0 Project Execution.
* Lead workshops such as Value-Stream Mapping, Kaizen, and Ideation sessions to identify opportunities and gap areas to integrate into overall site roadmap
* Manage project and productivity savings reporting for site
* Champions change management by building trust within facility population through direct engagement, problem solving, and building relationships
* Facilitate, promote, and support LEAN cultural development
* Facilitate the development, introduction, and tracking of standard work for leaders within the site
* Supports linkage between CI priorities and methodologies directly to facility results
* Proactively recommends business solutions through the CI lens and can articulate how continuous improvement tools and process can drive business value
* Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
* 3+ years' experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain Engineering Related Function
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering Discipline or equivalent experience
* Experience in Project Management
* Ability to lead projects across cross functional teams and supply chain sites.
* Must have a bias for action, integrity, and accountability
* Able to meet deadlines in high paced work environment
* Distribution and/or Mfg./Industrial Engineer experience
* Familiarity with SAP and WMS (Warehouse Management Systems)
* Experience Manufacturing Automation
What You'll Receive
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
* Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
* Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You'll Feel
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
* Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
* Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
* Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
* Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors, and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other protected characteristic.