Senior Salesforce Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you passionate about Salesforce? Do you enjoy customizing, developing, and enhancing applications on the force.com platform? Then, you may want to join Stanford's Enterprise Technology team that is responsible for the implementation of new functionality and software enhancements of Salesforce applications supporting the Alumni and Development Applications Platform Transition (ADAPT) program. In this position, your responsibilities will include analysis, technical design, development, configuration, integration, improvement, and deployment of creative solutions on the Salesforce Lightning Platform. The role is responsible for complex programming tasks and analysis work typically involving multiple projects and broad technical responsibility. You will be leveraging existing technical infrastructure, processes, methods, systems, data integrations, and governance framework to advance the Salesforce Cloud Services and CRM platform. You will also help develop guidelines and standards for new CRM functionality and services. You will be part of a highly collaborative group of software engineers, administrators, project managers, product owners, and business analysts responsible for feature development and application maintenance responsive to the needs of Stanford's Office of Development and Alumni Association.
* Propose, conceptualize, design, implement, and develop solutions from end to end and be responsible for the applicable technical architecture and documentation.
* Perform testing, debugging, change control, and documentation for major projects within the program.
* Mentor and supervise professional staff, as necessary, working on all phases of the application development lifecycle.
* Define complex application development, administration, and programming standards.
* Responsible for support, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of Salesforce applications and corresponding interfaces to third-party or locally connected systems.
* Resolve complex technical problems.
* Review the technical design of existing systems for optimizing performance.
* Lead projects, as necessary, for specialized systems and application development in areas of complex problems.
* Work with other technical developers and administrators to develop standard documentation, processes, procedures, and test routines.
* Perform oversight, governance, and delivery of Salesforce projects.
* Other duties may also be assigned.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience. 5+ years of experience in Salesforce application development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Experience in Salesforce CRM app development with strong expertise in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Force.com at an enterprise level of complexity.
* Experience with SFDC Administrative tasks like creating Profiles, Roles, User Security Models, Page Layouts, Email Services, Dashboards, Tasks, and Events.
* Experience with Lightning Components, Design System, APEX Classes, Process Builder, Triggers, Visualforce, Approval Processes, Aura, and Flow.
* Expert knowledge of Object-Oriented programming.
* Experience with database design concepts and use of SOQL, SOSL, and SQL.
* Experience with Salesforce API and Web Services (REST/SOAP/Bulk).
* Experience with environment management, release management, code versioning, deployment methodologies, and CI/CD tools.
* Experience leading activities on structured team development projects.
* Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
* Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods and practice Agile software development methodologies.
* Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and operations procedures including participation in code reviews.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Experience in CRM business processes like Forecasting, Campaign Management, Lead Management, Pipeline Management, Account Management, and Case Management.
* Experience with ETL and integration platform tools (MuleSoft, Informatica, SnapLogic).
* Experience with Git, merging, managing branches, and resolving conflicts.
* Experience with manual/automated functional testing and unit testing.
* Experience in leading, coaching, and mentoring technical teams of varying skill levels.
* Knowledge of data design, architecture, relational databases, and data modeling.
* Knowledge of Salesforce DX.
Certifications and Licenses
* Salesforce Certified Developer credentials.
* Salesforce Certified Application/System/Technical Architect credentials a plus.
* Perform desk-based computer tasks.
* Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
* Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
* Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* May work extended hours, evenings, and weekends.
* Available for on-call work.
* Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
* Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
* Subject to and expected to stay in sync with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in Stanford's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
We're located in Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus is open and brings together 2,700 staff in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford's culture and mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center. As part of our telecommute options, we have Stanford locations in San Francisco, Newark, and San Jose and a supportive work-anywhere program for our Bay Area staff.
Why Stanford is for You:
* Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
* Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
* A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
* A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
* Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
* Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Schedule: Full-time
* Job Code: 4823
* Employee Status: Regular
* Grade: L
* Requisition ID: 91865