Product / Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Product/Program Manager 1
FTE: 100%, Non-exempt, Fixed-term (one year)
Department: Chemical Engineering, School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems
The Stanford Wearable Electronics (eWear) Initiative
The Stanford Wearable Electronics Initiative (eWear), a part of Chemical Engineering, seeks a Product/Program Manager to provide both administrative and operational support to the eWEAR affiliates program under general supervision. Reporting to the Executive Director of the eWEAR affiliates program, this position is critical in supporting our mission: to seek solutions to critical global problems and educate leaders who will make the world a better place. You will support a large volume of diverse clients and perform a broad range of simultaneous duties. Are you personable, proactive, and exude a high level of customer service? Then this position may be the right fit for you!
The Stanford Wearable Electronics Initiative (eWear) is a university-wide multi-disciplinary program with the following goals:
* Bring together Stanford expertise in materials, electronics, systems, data and clinical science
* Provide a forum for discussing and setting future directions of wearable electronics
* Foster collaborations between Stanford researchers and industry
* Provide a forum for the early communication of published results
* Foster communication among industrial sectors
* Push the forefront of wearable technologies
* Provide multi-dimensional training for students and postdocs
Your responsibilities include:
* Understand and communicate the features, benefits, and advantages of the eWEAR affiliates program to a target audience, including corporate executives and professors via email and in-person using customer orientation and professionalism.
* Gather, analyze, and report on the eWEAR affiliates program data, including tracking revenue and expenses and reconciling with the department finance manager. Maintain lists of members and identify new prospects from seminar attendance lists.
* Execute a tactical plan to meet the eWEAR affiliates program objectives, such as manage program events on the day for flawless execution. Serve as stage manager for webinars and in-person events by helping speakers with audio/visual, showing intro slides, and recording webinar videos on Zoom. Manage on-site registration and attendee check-in. Give direction to speakers, suppliers, and volunteers on what they need to do at the event.
* Coordinate with vendors to ensure timely delivery of the eWEAR affiliates program elements. Identify and manage interactions with Stanford and external suppliers necessary for events, such as media services, event services, catering, building services, printing, and venue reservations.
* Provide administrative support to the eWEAR affiliates program team. Schedule complex meetings and arrange agendas/meetings for corporate visitors. Set up webinars in Zoom, including a seminar registration.
* Prepare and send invoices and letters to corporate members and provide them with necessary info and support for their internal payment processes.
* Track revenue payment and provide documentation across multiple organizations, and manage the payment process of professors and speakers for honoraria and research funding across multiple organizations.
* Create and execute a list and timeline of tasks needed for the flawless execution of symposia, seminars, company visits and newsletters.
* Create and edit a monthly newsletter of program events and research highlights with exceptional attention to detail.
* Create flyers and slides to advertise program events. Edit webinar videos and archive videos on Google drive
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience (Required)
* Bachelor's degree and one year of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
* MS Office, Outlook, and Box experience
* Advanced MS Word skills
* Experience updating websites in WordPress or other platforms
* The planning and execution of conferences and business dinner events.
* Provide guidance to extended project teams, including conference services
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Strong verbal and oral communication skills.
* Highly organized and a 'team-player' mentality.
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
Why is Stanford for You?
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
* Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course.
* A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
* A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
* Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
* Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more!
* Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
* Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
* Frequently sitting.
* Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, and use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
* Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
* Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the 'Apply for Job' button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Schedule: Full-time
* Job Code: 4910
* Employee Status: Fixed-Term
* Grade: G
* Requisition ID: 87978