Manager, Home of Champions
Employment Type: Full-Time
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation ('DAPER') is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the Men's and Women's Capital One Cup this year, and have brought home the Learfield Directors' Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, 'The DAPER Way,' which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Manager, Home of Champions, will be responsible for oversight of all aspects of Stanford Athletics' Home of Champions, including, but not limited to, updating static and interactive displays, supervising docents and student workers and interacting with the public. This position will report to the Assistant Athletics Director, Communications.
The successful applicant will be knowledgeable about the history and current events of Stanford Athletics (or naturally curious and willing to learn quickly), have experience creating content and telling compelling stories and demonstrate an aptitude for customer service and personnel management. This role is responsible for maintaining and updating interactive elements, so experience managing a content management system (CMS) is desirable. The individual in this role will work closely with a variety of stakeholders including, but not limited to, External Relations staff, Facilities & Operations staff, coaches, student-athletes, alumni, vendors and cross-campus personnel to ensure space is fully operational and optimized. This is a six (6) month, fixed-term position.
Responsibilities in this role include:
* Content Management
* Maintain timeline and log for all displays to ensure timeliness, accuracy and relevancy
* Frequently update interactive displays through a CMS to keep information current, accurate and interesting
* Update static displays, either by replacing exhibits opportunistically or updating information in a timely manner
* Develop and coordinate rotating feature exhibits, gathering the necessary images and content by working with communications staff
* Work with communications staff to refresh content so that it stays up to date but also acknowledges and highlights the long history of Stanford Athletics success
* Work with vendors to ensure updates are made in timely and relevant manner
* Content Creation & Curation
* Assist agency and Athletics Communications, Marketing, and Video staff to create, update and approve content for the space
* Propose ideas for content to be included in the space and work to refresh various displays
* Visitor and Docent Management
* Hire and oversee docents and/or student tour guides and other staff
* Schedule appropriate staffing for facility depending on open hours and special events
* Conduct tours and be available to answer questions regarding the exhibits or memorabilia
* Facility Management
* Work with facilities and operations staff to ensure space is in working order at all times
* Submit requests and oversee upgrades, improvements and maintenance of the space
* Work with appropriate parties to plan and execute special events in the space
* Responsible for relationship with vendors to update branding of Stanford Athletics facilities
* Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Associate degree and two years related, demonstrated facilities administration experience, or a combination of education and relative experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Aptitude for compelling written and visual storytelling
* Ability to multitask and oversee multiple projects with multiple stakeholders at one time
* Extremely organized and detail-oriented
* Resourceful and get-it-done approach
* Personable, customer-service orientation
* Interpersonal skills, mature judgment required to interact effectively with a broad range of people, including faculty and vendors, both individually and in groups.
* Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines and project plans with short- and long-term end dates.
* Working knowledge of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project.
* Experience working with internal and external vendors and services contracting.
* Background knowledge of safe handling and disposal of chemicals and hazardous waste; emergency preparedness plans and their implementation; and property administration specific to PO tracking, receiving, and inventory control.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for assuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
* Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
* A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
* A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
* Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
* Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
* Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Schedule: Full-time
* Job Code: 4371
* Employee Status: Fixed-Term
* Grade: F
* Department URL: http://www.hoover.org
* Requisition ID: 90933