Clinical Data Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation in Stanford University School of Medicine is seeking a Clinical Data Assistant (Data Aide 2) to identify and enter complex medical data from source documents into computer systems and verify entries for accuracy and completeness. Maintain complex databases and develop tools and guidelines for data collection and integrity. Work is performed by exercising independent judgment and initiative in performing tasks.
The BMT program at Stanford performs autologous and allogeneic transplantations for over 300 patients each year. The program has been very successful with a history of limited morbidity rates and acute mortality that is well below most published reports. In addition to a successful clinical practice, our program researchers are translating their discoveries into new therapies, advancing the efficacy of hematopoietic cell transplantation for patients worldwide.
* Accurately enter data from data sheets or charts into a database and/or manual filing system using specific, standard instructions.
* Determine appropriate action to be taken for duplicate, inaccurate, or unclear information.
* Maintain computerized and manual logs and files in accordance with established procedures.
* Assist with data collection when needed.
* - The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
* *Bachelor of Science Degree or higher graduate level degree
* Clinical knowledge in the field of oncology or blood and marrow transplantation
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology
* Data and research experience
* *Complex problem solving skills
* *Advanced computer skills to include experience in the application and utilization of database, word processing, spreadsheet and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
* *Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
* *Excellent communication skills, ability to relate effectively in person and work well in a team
* = Strongly Desired
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
* High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent and two years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
* Strong clerical, interpersonal, and basic organizational skills.
* Good computer skills.
* Ability to exercise judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
* Occasionally use a telephone.
* Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
* Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
* Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
* Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Why Stanford is for you
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
* Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
* A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
* A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
* Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
* Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
* - Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Schedule: Full-time
* Job Code: 4742
* Employee Status: Regular
* Grade: E
* Requisition ID: 91418