Senior Web Applications Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Senior Web Applications Developer is an integral part of a team, providing expertise, analysis, investigation, and problem solving to ensure the success of new features and evolution of the Stamps.com flagship Web Client product.
Post COVID, this role will be required to report to the company's worksite location
The Stamps.com Web Applications team is responsible for developing new features and maintaining multiple full stack web applications. We work cross functionally with other departments by using established company development standards. Development is done in a collaborative process where input and expertise help influence the overall requirements and design.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses.
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to nearly 750 thousand customers, including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, and MetaPack®. Stamps.com's family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 475 unique partner applications.
* Software Design and Implementation
* Investigation of issues
* System analysis
Essential Position Duties:
* Software Design and Implementation
* Design and implement highly performant, reliable and scalable web application functionality.
* Perform code reviews to accelerate and streamline the process of software development.
* Participate in all facets of the software development life cycle (from the initial concept to the final release).
* Adhere to the team's architectural and design standards, and contribute to functional and integration testing.
* Participate in application architecture design.
* Evaluate product designs to help refine requirements and adherence to design & specifications.
* Investigation of Issues
* Debug and analyze defects and create solutions for regression tests.
* Perform deep debugging into external frameworks when needed.
* Investigate production issues when they occur to minimize customer impact.
* Setup and generate automated test reports.
* Create test reports for activities performed.
* System Analysis
* Review code and technical documents.
* Apply standard design techniques to business problems.
* Author technical specifications which clearly communicate design ideas, functionality and optimization.
Education and/or Experience:
* Six or more (6+) years web development experience (HTML/CSS).
* Experience building web applications using React.
* Excellent track record in a high productivity environment.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems preferred.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
* Ability to organize, prioritize and apply complex concepts to project tasks yet find simple solutions for solving problems.
* Proficiency with debugging, source control, and defect tracking.
* Software Design and Architecture
* UI Design and Implementation
* Commercial and Enterprise Software Development
* Extensive experience with React development
* Extensive experience with Angular development (Version 7 is a plus)
* Knowledge of DOM manipulation and other DHTML concepts
* Experience in cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
* Extensive experience developing large, complex, enterprise level, single page applications
* Understanding of web development best practices
* Desire and willingness to learn and master new technologies
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
* Full stack experience with C#, ASP.Net
* Full stack experience with .Net Web API
* Experience with AWS
* Experience with Splunk
* Experience with GitHub
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled