Employment Type: Full-Time
Advance your nursing career working at a Magnet recognized hospital known for clinical quality and patient safety. Our team is looking for an experienced Speech/Language Pathologist to join our Speech Therapy department at St. Joseph Hospital of Orange. This is an on call/per diem position providing 8-hour day shift coverage (must have weekend availability).
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
* Provide direct patient care services that include evaluation, assessment, and treatment planning based on the functional needs of the patient.
* Responsible for program development, evaluation of the response to care and readjustment of the treatment plan as required.
* Plan and provide patient, family, peer and community education and coordinate services with other health care professionals including interaction with physicians responsible for the care of the patient.
* Consistently demonstrate behaviors that model the SJHS core values and the Hospital's mission statement.
Qualifications and Skills needed for this role:
* Completion of educational requirements commensurate with requirements needed to successfully pursue a license as a Speech Pathologist in the State of California.
* Current and valid license as a speech-language pathologist issued by the State of California, or written permission granted by the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board of California, which allows the applicant to perform as a speech-language pathologist.
* Certification of completion of training in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Class C) completed within the last two (2) years.
* At least four (4) months of experience providing direct patient care (internships are acceptable to meet this requirement).
* At least six (6) months experience in any capacity in an acute care hospital.
* At least six (6) months experience as an employee in a speech therapy environment.
* At least six (6) months experience working in an adult acute care setting involving dysphagia.
* Ability to speak and write in English.
* Computer literacy in windows applications.
* Knowledge of applicable statutes of the Ethical code of the American Speech & Hearing Association.
* Ability to lead and delegate responsibilities.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Organization and prioritization skills.
* Training in Dysphagia Evaluation procedures required to perform a Modified Barium Swallow Study.
* Graduate of an ASHA accredited school of speech-language pathology and audiology.
* Bilingual (English, Spanish, Vietnamese)
About the department you will serve:
The Speech Therapy department at St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a very collaborative, close knit department made up of 30 professional, hardworking caregivers. The ideal candidate for this position is preferably someone with several years' experience with dysphagia and medical (experience performing MBSS is highly preferred).
Comprehensive Range of Benefits:
Professional Advancement: Individual career development plans, ongoing education, tuition reimbursement, motivating managers
Health: Medical - Cigna HMO and POS plans, Dental - Delta Care DHMO and Delta Dental PPO plans, Employee Assistance
Program Wellness: Retirement - 401(K), Paid-Time Off - Based on employment status of FT, PT, PD and years of service, Employee Life insurance with optional family coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, optional Pre-Paid Legal Plan
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Compassion. Dignity. Justice. Excellence. Integrity.
These timeless values form the heart and soul of St. Joseph Hospital. They are the prime reason that we attract and retain high-caliber employees who believe in the sanctity of their work in our faith-based setting.
As a result of this affinity, most of our employees have remained with us for at least five years. Over 40 percent of our new employees were either referred by friends or applied to work at St. Joseph based on our reputation. It is little wonder, then, that retention rate is significantly higher than the average for healthcare institutions in our community.
When you take the latest in medical technology and place it in the hands of highly skilled clinicians, recognition is sure to follow. In July 2007, 2008 and 2009, St. Joseph Hospital was named one 'America's Best Hospitals' for Orthopedic Care by U. S. News and World Report. This highly esteem recognition is testimony to our unique blend medical science and compassionate, values-based care.
A haven that feels like home.
St. Joseph Hospital offers a unique environment in which healthcare givers who share a kindred spirit can do important work and grow both spiritually and professionally. Here, values-based employees view their jobs not simply as careers but also as callings.
Care to get acquainted? Then we warmly invite you to explore the many career opportunities offered by St. Joseph Hospital!
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as 'on call/per diem' refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as 'as needed basis' to fill in for staff vacancies.