RN II - Labor and Delivery
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a Registered Nurse II for the Labor and Delivery Department at St. Jude Medical Center.
Location: Fullerton, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 72 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 12-hour, Nights
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
The RN independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care.
* Facilitates patient care through effective communication.
* Develops and maintains therapeutic and effective relationships with patient/family and the health care team.
* Delegates care appropriately.
* Participates in Shared Governance/Participative Leadership.
* Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related to staffing and scheduling.
* Responsible for the laboring patient and care of ante partum patients. Manages the admission and initial assessment/recovery of newborns. Acts as a coach/partner in the birthing process. Acts as a circulating nurse in vaginal deliveries and as a circulating/scrub nurse in operative deliveries.
* Demonstrates knowledge/ability to use equipment in the area, i.e. fetal monitors, EKG, pulse oximetry, dynamap, infusion devices, fluid warmer, LDR beds, radiant warmer scalp electrodes, IUPC.
* Evaluates progress of laboring patient and assists physicians with test/procedures, i.e. ultrasound, amniocentesis, artificial rupture of membranes, epidural anesthesia.
* Manages the care of ante partum patients and interprets/reports findings of antepartum testing.
Minimum Position Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, graduate from nursing school (Hired on/after 1/1/11), or hired prior to 1/1/11 (and rehired after 1/1/11):
* Graduate from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing; or hired as a result of a unit transfer from Heritage:
* Graduate from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing; or hired as a ministry transfer:
* Currently enrolled in a BSN program with an expected graduation date within 6 months of hire.
* Completed in-house training or 1 year experience in Labor and Delivery.
Experience: 1 year acute care experience.
* Current CA Registered Nurse License.
* American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider.
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
* Advanced Fetal Monitoring.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Lactation training/education.
* Professional Nursing Organization Membership.
St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit, 384-bed, tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern California's most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals. With nearly 700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether for the birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the standard for medical care and offers the community the most comprehensive array of services and programs.
St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Jude Medical Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as 'on call/per diem' refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as 'as needed basis' to fill in for staff vacancies.