Hospice Licensed Vocational Nurse - Hospice
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a Hospice Licensed Vocational Nurse for Hospice Direct at St. Joseph Home Care Network.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 64 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The LVN is responsible for providing interpersonal, technical and hands-on nursing care, within the scope of practice as outlined by the California Board of Nursing, to patients under the direction of a designated Registered Nurse.
* Assists RN/Case Manager with accurate collection of patient data to include identification of normal/abnormal parameters based on developmental age of the patient, and documents findings in a clear, concise and timely manner.
* Administers patient care (within scope of practice) adhering to hospital and department policy and procedures and accepted standards of care and practice, and provides the necessary patient/family/caregiver education.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skill in palliative care (symptom management) and hospice nursing practice.
* Communicates effectively with RN/Case Manager, patients, families, and physicians providing necessary information in timely and concise manner.
* Consistently demonstrates efficient use of time and resources within established budget parameters and productivity standards. Actively participates in identification and implementation of cost saving strategies.
* Demonstrates knowledge of, and accountability for apprising self of hospital and department communication, information, objectives, standards, policies and procedures.
* Maintains safe environment by adhering to all hospital and department policy and procedures. Identifies and reports unsafe conditions.
* Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
* Effective skills in communication, problem solving, interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
* Has the flexibility to adapt to new and challenging situations.
* Ability to think critically.
* Able to give constructive feedback and teaches staff and patients.
* Basic computer skills.
* Demonstrates a sound understanding of nursing practice with dying patients.
* Self-directed with ability to work collaboratively and manage complex and multiple situations.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement.
Experience: 6 months experience as a LVN in a health care setting.
* Current, active LVN license in the State of California.
* BLS certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Coursework/Training - Successful completion of Medical Terminology Course.
Experience: Home care or hospice experience.
St. Joseph Home Care Network (SJHCN) is a Home Health ministry of St. Joseph Health, serving three Northern California counties; Humboldt County, Napa County and Sonoma County.
Our networks of compassionate, highly skilled employees are dedicated to putting the patient first to improve the health of individuals and families in our community.
The Home Health caregivers assist in restoring a patient's optimal health and support the family by going into the home and ministering to the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of the patient and family members.
Our home care services are a literal representation of reaching out to our community to care for our dear neighbors.