Clinical Lab Scientist - Clinical Laboratory
Employment Type: Full-Time
Advance your career working at a Magnet recognized hospital known for clinical quality and patient safety. Our team is looking for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join our Clinical Laboratory at St. Joseph Hospital of Orange. This is an on call/per diem position providing 8-hour coverage on the night shift (must have weekend availability).
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
* Utilize professional knowledge, skills, and judgment to perform a variety of technical, clerical, physical, and quality assurance functions.
* Work independently and serve as a resource, overseeing the work of the Senior Lab Assistants.
* Maintain technical knowledge sufficient to respond to needs within the department.
Qualifications and Skills needed for this role:
* Bachelor's (BA or BS) degree in Science.
* Current California State License for Clinical Laboratory Scientist (generalist or specialist as applicable).
* Must have at least two years of experience in an acute care setting.
* Ability to interpret test results.
* Ability to problem solve within scope of training.
* Ability to perform intermediate computer functions.
* Ability to interact with other healthcare staff members in a professional, courteous manner and demonstrate good communication / telephone skills.
* Ability to understand and communicate in oral and written English.
* Ability to follow directions regarding assigned tasks, dealing with priority tasks first, then completing remaining tasks within the established time frames.
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and maintain a pace appropriate to the workload.
* ASCP certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
About the department you will serve:
Our Clinical Laboratory is a very busy department that relies on teamwork and accuracy to produce great results. This position will be providing night shift coverage for the department, primarily testing a volume of samples coming from hospital patients, ECC patients, and outpatients. The ideal candidate will be precise and timely in their work, able to work independently, and flexible to new ideas and processes.
Comprehensive Range of Benefits:
Professional Advancement: Individual career development plans, ongoing education, tuition reimbursement, motivating managers
Health: Medical - Cigna HMO and POS plans, Dental - Delta Care DHMO and Delta Dental PPO plans, Employee Assistance
Program Wellness: Retirement - 401(K), Paid-Time Off - Based on employment status of FT, PT, PD and years of service, Employee Life insurance with optional family coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, optional Pre-Paid Legal Plan
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Compassion. Dignity. Justice. Excellence. Integrity.
These timeless values form the heart and soul of St. Joseph Hospital. They are the prime reason that we attract and retain high-caliber employees who believe in the sanctity of their work in our faith-based setting.
As a result of this affinity, most of our employees have remained with us for at least five years. Over 40 percent of our new employees were either referred by friends or applied to work at St. Joseph based on our reputation. It is little wonder, then, that retention rate is significantly higher than the average for healthcare institutions in our community.
When you take the latest in medical technology and place it in the hands of highly skilled clinicians, recognition is sure to follow. In July 2007, 2008 and 2009, St. Joseph Hospital was named one 'America's Best Hospitals' for Orthopedic Care by U. S. News and World Report. This highly esteem recognition is testimony to our unique blend medical science and compassionate, values-based care.
A haven that feels like home.
St. Joseph Hospital offers a unique environment in which healthcare givers who share a kindred spirit can do important work and grow both spiritually and professionally. Here, values-based employees view their jobs not simply as careers but also as callings.
Care to get acquainted? Then we warmly invite you to explore the many career opportunities offered by St. Joseph Hospital!
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as 'on call/per diem' refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as 'as needed basis' to fill in for staff vacancies.