Sr. Software Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sr. Software Architect (Intellego/Metahub)
At SS8, we take pleasure in Software Engineering. We promote clean code and proven engineering best practices. SS8 develops network traffic monitoring and public safety software that protects and saves lives. If you love clean code and continuously think of making code cleaner and better; passionate about cutting edge technology;; and love solving complex technical problems, then please join us. We are looking for a Senior Software Architect. You will be collaboratively working with a group of highly skilled engineers throughout all phases of software life cycle, in a fast-paced agile environment.
What you will be doing?
* Architect, Design, implement and maintain large distributed Java based applications and microservices
* Architect & solve complex problems related to high performant distributed big data system
* Envision big picture and drive team to deliver high quality product on time
* Communicate and present software features and vision to executive, product, and support teams
* Hands On 6+ years of Java / Spring development experience
* Experience in microservice architecture, system design
* Unit and Integration testing experience. Experience in writing testable code
* Relational and NoSQL database experience such as MySQL, Cassandra
* Search engine and indexing platform experience such as SOLR, Elasticsearch
* Experience designing and building high scale RESTful Microservices
* Solid foundation in software design, design patterns including OO, functional design and performance scaling
Nice to Have
* Machine Learning or Big Data Analytics experience
* High scale messaging system such as Kafka
* Docker containerization, Kubernetes, cloud and virtualized systems
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering or similar degree required with 6 years of experience in relevant field.