Building Maintenance Steward - Winter Seasonal
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year-round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring Skiing Capital™ and provides the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is on the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes, which grants access to 44 iconic destinations across five continents. Ahead of the 2020-21 ski season, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announced its commitment to change the resort name, removing the word “squaw,” which is widely considered offensive. The resort has begun work on determining a new name, which will be unveiled in 2021. Visit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Vimeo.
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provide customers with top quality customer service in a friendly and positive manner.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, including toilets
- Stock toilet paper, towels, and other paper goods in restrooms
- Empty trash and garbage containers.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and vacuums floors.
- Assist with snow removal.
- Clean mirrors, windows, fixtures, and breezeway as needed.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Change lights, assists with large boxes.
- Assist other departments when needed
- Ability to show up on time, ready to work, for each scheduled shift.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Good customer service skills
- Cleaning skills
- Required to walk/stand 70% of the day
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 75lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate. They will be occasionally exposed to extreme hot/cold and wet conditions, fumes or airborne particles. Employee will be required to work on uneven and limited footing locations. Working surfaces can be loose or slippery as well.
Equipment Used in Job: Chemical cleaning agents, household cleaning products and equipment, shovel.