Territory Sales Representative - Los Angeles, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position is responsible for the sales and distribution growth of the CANarchy portfolio, focusing on retail execution in the assigned area.
* Represents the brewery in a positive and pleasant manner.
* Works closely with other departments to ensure a clear understanding of current and future beer releases, associated styles, and company culture.
* Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with key retailers in the assigned territory.
* Communicates market trends and relevant sales data to brewery staff as well as distribution partners.
* Ensures that the brewery's quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
* Uses distributor data and reporting tools to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
* Attends all brewery sales team meetings as required.
* Maintains an understanding of all legal restrictions regarding brewery product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule as weekends and extended workdays are often necessary.
* Creates and executes promotions at current and potential customers, festivals, and events.
* Meets and maintain sales goals that are set quarterly with the Regional Sales Director.
* Travels within assigned territory.
* Communicates to and collaborates with the Market Manager, Regional Sales Director, and the Sales Management Team.
* Enters daily market activity and weekly recap in Customer relations Management software.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Knowledge of the 3-tier system with the ability to balance the demands of retail execution.
* Knowledge of the craft beer and beer industry.
* Knowledge of Armadillo, Lilypad, and Microsoft Office.
* Skill in multi-tasking and being a self-starter with a strong desire and ability to execute and win.
* Skill in attention to detail and ability to complete tasks on time and independently.
* Skill in reliability and consistent, strong worth ethic.
* Skill in verbal and written communication and presentation.
* Ability to pre-plan on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and consistently execute plans in a timely manner.
* Ability to demonstrate a strong desire to grow professionally with the company and willingness to learn new skills.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-25 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: Regional Sales Director
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: 3 Years; Previous beer distributor or supplier experience is preferred.
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: Up to 30%; Must have a reliable vehicle.
Driving Requirements: Yes; Good driving record and personal liability auto insurance required.
Tools & Equipment Used: Standard Office Equipment
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.