US Retail Partner Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We're working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square's Hardware Team builds the tangible connection to Square. We started with a simple and elegant Reader that turns any phone or tablet into a mobile point of sale - and we continue to lead this category with advances in chip card and NFC technology. Next, we introduced the Square Stand, the best way to turn your iPad into a countertop point of sale. Most recently, we expanded our HW portfolio with our Square Terminal, our all-in-one device for payments and receipts. As we introduce more products, we will meet the needs of more and more sellers with stand-out hardware products, globally. You will drive awareness and acquisition of Square Hardware through the retail channel. You will meet quarterly sales and revenue goals for Square Hardware products at US retailers such as Best Buy, Walmart, and Staples, and find opportunities for distribution at new retailers.
Role Location: We want employees to reside where they feel most creative and productive. This position is based in the U.S. with the majority of the U.S-based team working in Pacific Standard Time.
* Establish strategies and tactics for key retailers to maximize revenue from the retail channel.
* Manage relationships with existing retailers to maintain and grow Square's retail footprint.
* Identify and pitch new retailers to offer Square products.
* Partner with Supply/Demand teams on new product launches and weekly forecasting.
* Work with Hardware Analytics to use data and insights to make sound business decisions.
* Collaborate with hardware operations for ongoing retail program maintenance and new product launches.
* Identify creative/innovative opportunities to drive discovery for Square products at Retail
* Manage retail marketing budget to ensure campaigns are return on investment positive and deliver intended results.
* 5+ years business to business sales, account management or retail marketing experience, preferably with Best Buy, Walmart, Staples, or other large format retailers.
* An analytical, structured thought process with the ability to assess business opportunities and marketing campaign performance.
* Successfully launched products at new and existing retailers
* The ability to keep colleagues, team members and other partners aligned
* A BA or relevant experience
* Ability to travel once it is safe to do so (20%)
* Experience operating autonomously while working with others
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
* Healthcare coverage
* Retirement Plans
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Wellness perks
* Paid parental leave
* Paid time off
* Learning and Development resources