Strategy & Operations Associate, Square Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We're working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square Financial Services Operations team is looking for an Associate to help identify and recommend efficiencies across the business financing Operations space. The SFS team at Square oversees safely providing funds to our customers to help them grow their businesses. You will report to the lead of the Strategy & Operations team. You will work with our internal operations teams and partners to identify opportunities to improve existing/new procedures. This role is a good fit for you if you get a kick out of leading multiple work streams, running analysis to back use cases and can build prioritized plans all with the customer in mind.
* Track and gather feedback from the Square Banking Operations Team (Credit, Customer Success, Servicing & Collections) by investing in routine shadow programs to understand and document the pain points at hand
* Help identify opportunities to automate manual processes based on the feedback from Operations agents
* Develop partnerships with multiple team members to ensure clear lines of communication when delivering or working on operational resources.
* Operations teams, Data, Product, Engineering, Capital Sales and Account Management
* Create Operations user guides (SOPs) upon the roll out of the tool or feature and host training's to ensure agents can use the new product launch
* Test concepts and hypotheses alongside our data team member to enhance the need for prioritization
* 4+ years of experience with a focus in business operations, banking, consulting or a tech company.
* You have worked in product or project management, leading programs from infant stage to product launch
* Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures and other widely-circulated documentation
* Analytical experience with the following tools: SQL, BI tools (Looker)
* You get a kick out of breaking down complex problems into smaller applicable tasks
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
* Healthcare coverage
* Retirement Plans
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Wellness perks
* Paid parental leave
* Paid time off
* Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.