Software Engineering Manager, Financial Crimes
Employment Type: Full-Time
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We're working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Financial Crimes Technology team at Square finds and reports financial crimes activity across Square products in Seller tools. They work globally with partners in engineering and counsel to guarantee we're meeting our regulatory requirements, customer experience, and agent experience expectations.
We're looking for an engineering lead to help us build new solutions that further those goals, joining our global compliance team in the process. At our scale, we're monitoring billions of dollars in transactions across traditional payments. We're uncovering money laundering topologies before they impact our users and upend lives. Help us solve these challenging problems with data science, machine learning and efficient tooling. You will work with our teams to surface and display the appropriate data in a simple thoughtful way. Together, we'll improve workflow and case tools, adding features that empower agent productivity and automate the high volume of monitoring and reporting we do.
* Work with our internal users and engineering teams to build tools that solve our business problems
* Build a world-class team by hiring remarkable talent, coaching and developing your team, fostering engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to maintain a high bar
* Launch iteratively and improve over time
* Write clean, testable code which will be a model for the team around you
* Oversee the success of your team's product and achieve quantifiable results on time
* Build systems, services, and product features across multiple platforms that have immediate impact on customers
* 8+ years of relevant industry experience
* Python, Java, or Ruby software development experience
* Some experience developing front-end applications
* Desire or experience working with fintech, regtech, machine learning, data science, and virtual currencies
* A curious, passionate, growth-oriented mindset
* Natural curiosity and a desire to manage all aspects of building our tools in a small, and very growing team
* You must enjoy writing and shipping production software
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
* Healthcare coverage
* Retirement Plans
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Wellness perks
* Paid parental leave
* Paid time off
* Learning and Development resources