Kitchen Leader - BOH
Employment Type: Full-Time
Receive up to a $300 Sign on Bonus paid after 60 days if you are hired in May!
As a kitchen leader at Sprinkles, you are like the conductor of the cupcakes! You will oversee the production of each back of house associate, making sure they are following recipes perfect every time, mixing all batters and frostings, and prepping each mix to be distributed to other bakeries if applicable. You should enjoy mentoring others and being hands on yourself in the kitchen. Motivating your team to work quickly without ever compromising quality is your sweet spot.
* Act as a company advocate and embody the Sprinkles Culture -Lead the kitchen staff
* You will retain and demonstrate proper policies and procedures delivered by trainers and managers with enthusiasm.
* Accept and/or prepare deliveries.
* Communicate the appropriate quantities, and expectations to your kitchen staff to bake, and frost enough cupcakes for each day.
* Demonstrate teamwork skills as you rely and assist fellow associates in providing the Sprinkles Experience.
* Delegate appropriate kitchen duties to your associates to help the bakery be prepared for opening.
* Assist with all cleaning duties as stated on opening, closing, daily and/or weekly checklists.
* Adhere to all safety and sanitation guidelines to maintain a clean and safe work environment behind the counter and in dining area where applicable.
* Report to work as scheduled and fulfill requirements for duration of shift.
* A passion and love of the Sprinkles product, brand, and experience.
* Ability to work a changing schedule that can begin between Midnight and 4am.
* Ability to communicate verbally and understand and follow written and verbal instructions from management.
* 1-2 years of prior experience leading a kitchen or Equivalent culinary operations certification or degree.
* Can work well under pressure and maintain a consistent pace through the shift.
* Ability to be on your feet for hours at a time.
* Can lift at least 25 pounds, carrying cupcake trays, frosting and bags of boxed purchases.
* Must be able to move around the front of the bakery as you bend down for bags and reach up for cupcake trays.
* Sprinkles is an equal opportunity employer