Employment Type: Full-Time
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Marketing Web Technology Team is looking for a smart, UI Web Developer Intern to join them for fall 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build a rich, responsive and intuitive UI, this is the opportunity for you!
This team is responsible for enhancing and managing UI for splunk.com and various other marketing web properties, with a focus on the UI tools and the latest UI frameworks. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the intuitive, rich and responsive UI.
As a Web Developer(UI) Intern you will be responsible for …
* Working closely with the UI team members to create and implement new UI feature
* Investigating and fixing bugs to improve the overall UI experience
* Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
* Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
* Familiarity with web and digital marketing strategies and basic HTML.
* Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities, timely and efficiently, in a fast-paced environment.
* An ability to work in a CMS such as WordPres/Adobe Experience Manager etc.
* Web development experience using latest UI frameworks
* Solid communication skills and strong work ethic
* An ability to be agile enough to work on different projects during a work day
* Willingness to take direction but also to find creative ways to improve on that direction initiative
* Actively pursuing Bachelor's or Master's Degree
What We Offer You:
* The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
* A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
* A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.